Garmin Connect is an ultimate application that helps you to track, analyze and share your activities from Garmin Sports Devices. For all these functions, you have to connect your Garmin Connect App with Garmin Device. In case you are trying to establish the connection using Bluetooth, you might get several errors. The following are the error messages that will display on your screen.
- My Garmin Device Is Paired but Not Connecting to Sync Data to My Garmin Connect Account.
- I’m getting a “Pairing Failed” message when setting up my device through the Garmin Connect app.
- The Garmin Connect app is Not Finding my Device During the Setup Process.
If you are getting any of these errors, it becomes important to resolve the error quickly. For resolving, follow the steps given below.
Troubleshooting Steps For Fixing the Garmin Connect App Bluetooth Error
Re-open Garmin Connect App
In case you are getting any of these error messages, then you first have to try reopening the Garmin Connect App. For this:
- Close the application.
- Remove it from recently used apps.
- Then, open it again by clicking its icon.
Reboot Your Garmin Device
You can also try restarting your device for fixing the error. In order to reboot, you have to press the power button of your Garmin device to turn it off and then again press it after 2-3 minutes.
In case you are using a chargeable device that does not have a power button, then, you have to use the charging cable and plug it into the external power source. This works equivalent to restart.
Reset Bluetooth on Smartphone
Garmin suggests you to turn off and turn on your Bluetooth on your smartphone for resolving the pairing error. For this:
- Go to Settings.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Press the Bluetooth toggle button to turn it off.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Turn on your Bluetooth by pressing the Power Button.
Restart Your Smartphone
Another troubleshooting step that might fix the error is restarting the device. For this, you have to press the power off your smartphone and then after waiting for 3-4 minutes, turn it on by pressing the power button.
- Try signing out from your Garmin Connect app and then signing in again
For resolving the error, you have to sign out from your device. Then, again sign in after a few minutes.
Pair Your Device Again
If you have previously paired your device but now your device is unable to connect, then try pairing it again. Remove the pairing both from your smartphone and Garmin Device. After waiting for a few minutes, pair them again.
Enable Pairing Mode On
Make sure that you have enabled the pairing mode on your Garmin device. In case you want to pair it again, then:
- Go to Settings.
- Click Bluetooth or Phone options.
- Tap Enable.
Re-add your Garmin Device to Garmin Connect App
At times, re-adding the Garmin device might help you in resolving the error. For this, follow the process given below.
- Open the Garmin Connect App.
- Click the “Menu” option.
- Select “Garmin Device”.
- Click “Add Device”.
- Choose your Garmin device.
- Enable the “Pairing Mode” on Garmin Device.
- Click “Connect”.
Install Latest Version Of Garmin Connect App
Check the update on the Garmin Connect app by reaching the Play Store or App Store as per your smartphone. If updates are available, then install them and try Bluetooth connectivity again.
Update Garmin Device Software
Outdated Garmin Device software can also be the reason behind the error. For fixing the error, try installing the latest updates.
- Connect your Garmin Device and system.
- Open the Garmin Express application.
- Select your Garmin device.
- From the home screen, click the “View Details” option from Updates are Available section.
- Select Software update and click “Install”.
- Click “Accept” to agree with the license agreement.
- Wait for the completion of the update process.
Install Updates on Smartphone
You will get the notification is any update is available on your smartphone. In case you didn’t get the notification or you want guidance to install the update, then you can contact your phone’s manufacturer.